If your browser is infected by search.sidecubes.com in its home page, then your browser is surely in a trouble. This guide will help you to overcome this hijacker and delete it from your computer for good. Nowadays it is actively targeting a lot of browsers , however, mainly it is the problem for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. On the other hand, other browsers aren’t an exception and can be also targeted by it. Meet this guide about removal of Sidecubes Search virus from your computer.
Search.sidecubes.com as a browser hijacker has the only thing in mind – to display a lot of intrusive ads and sponsored links in your browser. This is how its owners and distributors get paid. However, you as the user of the infected PC will not gain any benefit because of it. No doubt, the logical and the only correct solution will be to remove search.sidecubes.com completely from your system.
Search.sidecubes.com is actively distributed in the Internet these days together with many other free utilities. Hence, if you are a person who regularly downloads and installs some applications obtained from online websites, please read carefully what exactly you’re offered by the installer of such free software to install into your PC in addition to the main program of your selection. Always choose the option of a custom installation, but rather not the standard one. Do not permit any concealed third-party software installations to occur on your system without your consent or permission. If you face any of such third-party programs offered to be installed into your system by default, then you need to deselect such installation features.
Let us assure you that search.sidecubes.com, being a brutal browser hijacker, is an absolutely helpless search engine. It just doesn’t render any relevant search results to users who own the PCs infected with it. So, in order to obtain such decent search results instead of the perverted ones you should delete Sidecubes Search virus and come back to Google or some other decent search engine of your selection.
If you would like to remove search.sidecubes.com browser hijacker from your workstation we recommend you to refer to these step-by-step removal recommendations stipulated in this tutorial below. If you need any further help on our part, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your choice. Stay safe with us!
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Sidecubes Search hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Sidecubes Search. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of Sidecubes Search hijacker manually (for free):
Sidecubes Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling Sidecubes Search hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Sidecubes Search hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Sidecubes Search from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Sidecubes Search with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Sidecubes Search. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on Sidecubes Search with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Sidecubes Search removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: