Thousands if not millions of PCs lately have been infected with YesSearches hijacker. This infection attacks widely used browser and changes their home pages into yessearches.com. The abilities of this pseudo search engine to furnish users with relevant search results are surely overestimated by its developers. Instead of relevant data you will only see plenty of ads and sponsored links leading you permanently to different malicious places in the web.
YesSearches hijacker normally installs itself into Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and even Microsoft Edge browsers. Typically the hijacker goes bundled with other free applications you may decide to download and install into your computer.
Looking for the information through yessearches.com is definitely the waste of your time. You will be constantly targeted by intrusive advertisements, thus being permanently distracted. In addition, YesSearches hijacker is loaded with some additional programs which prevent you from removing it in an easy way. For example, if you manually change the home page of your browser from yessearches.com back to google.com, this additional malicious software will restore the parameters of browser hijacker back into your browser. As a result, YesSearches will again appear when you launch your browser next time.
YesSearches may be installed together with certain free applications. To avoid its intrusion you need to always pay strict attention to what else you’re suggested to install into your system in addition to the main software of your choice. Do not neglect reading the information contained in the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of all free programs you’re going to install. If you find the information about extra programs, always switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode where you may uncheck these additional components from being brought into your system by default.
Complete and thus effective removal of YesSearches virus is a feasible challenge for GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to get rid of all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. These detailed steps are explained in the guidelines below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate YesSearches automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of YesSearches.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with YesSearches are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.