Pop-ups from flv.pagessoft.com website may take place in your browser, provided that the PC has been infected by adware. Some people wonder when exactly this attack takes place. They don’t remember the moment when they actually installed some particular adware program. The truth is that the majority of such unwanted programs, including those causing flv.pagessoft.com pop-ups, are brought into computers together with many other free programs. In this tutorial we will explain to you how exactly to get rid of such pop-up windows from your browser.
These flv.pagessoft.com pop-ups again tell a lot of fake facts about the need to update your Adobe Flash Player. Most likely the contents of such pop-ups will be accompanied by various pop-ups ads from related adware. Here is the example of faulty information brought through these pop-ups:
Adobe – Install Adobe Flash Player
Your Flash Plugin version is too low, causing the current sites and related softwares can not be opened properly, please update your Flash Plugin now!
1. To proceed, open your download folder and locate the adobe Flash Player Installer File, named like “Install_flashplayer[xxx].exe”.
2. Double-click on the Installer to complete the installation.
Note: Your antivirus software must allow you to install software.
Outwardly this might look for some people as some genuine Adobe Flash Player update. The truth though is that all decent updates of Adobe Flash Player must be carried out through the official websites related to Oracle. Truly, this domain name flv.pagessoft.com has nothing to do with Oracle, no matter how tricky these pop-ups are in their attempts to persuade you that they’re supposedly legitimate. The fact is that these very pop-ups pursue some totally different goal. To be more precise, they have in mind to cause you to install a lot of disgusting adware programs into your system. In the next paragraph we will explain to you how this can be done.
When users are tricked by flv.pagessoft.com pop-ups they actually proceed with their “recommendations” and click on “Install now” button. By actually doing so they might install some version of Adobe Flash Player, however, in addition they will be suggested to make a lot of other programs as a part of their PCs. Most of them are fairly considered as potentially unwanted applications that can damage your system considerably, or at least to cause your PC to work extremely slow.
In order to fix this serious problem with your computer and get rid of flv.pagessoft.com pop-ups we recommend that you scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful antimalware application. It will help you to identify all malicious files and registry entries in your PC related to adware, and will remove them effectively (with its full registered version). The final but very important step in this case will be to reset your browsers with Trojan Killer. We’ve described these steps for you below. If you require more help on our part, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Anti-malware tool necessary for flv.pagessoft.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.