Gnk.cipath.net is a pop-up window originated in your browser as a result of some adware program currently inside of your PC. These pop-ups are quite multiple, and this is why they’re very annoying to all users who have this problem. Following this tutorial will help you autmatically identify the adware on your PC and to get rid of it from your system. This will help you to stop gnk.cipath.net pop-ups from coming up in your browser.
The majority of adware programs, including those causing gnk.cipath.net pop-ups, penetrate into your PC as a result of you downloading and installing some other free programs downloaded from freeware download resources. This is why you should be very careful when you deal with such free applications. Don’t allow any hidden installations to take place on your PC. You must pay attention to the instructions of the setup wizards of such free programs, as well as to the End User License Agreements of them (EULAs). This is where you will be able to know what exactly you’re installing in addition to the initial software of your choice.
You must always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one, when dealing with free applications you download online. This is when you will be able to deselect all unwanted extras from being installed automatically onto your PC. Finally, to get rid of these annoying gnk.cipath.net pop-ups in your browser, we recommend you to follow this guide below that explains how to identify adware on your PC and remove it automatically. If you have any questions trying to delete this malware, please let us know through all customer support channels available.
Anti-malware tool necessary for gnk.cipath.net pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with gnk.cipath.net pop-up virus are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.