Wild West pop-up ads in your browser is the problem for many other users as well. There are many other PCs in the world where the same problem now occurs. It is caused by the presence of adware in computers. The intrusion of this adware takes place most likely when users install certain free programs bundled by default with adware and possibly a lot of other unwanted applications. In this guide we will help you to remove these ads effectively from your screen.
Wild West Ads mainly pop up in browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The adware adds its special add-on (extension) into the browser and can even be noticed as a legally installed application of your computer. When you access the Control Panel of your PC and check the list of legally installed software, Wild West will be there. Most likely such ads appear when users visit various e-commerce websites, such as Amazon, Ebay, Walmart, etc. Sometimes these ads are even relevant to what users look for through such websites. But this definitely doesn’t mean that this adware is some good program intending to help you save more money while you shop online.
The only mission of Wild West adware is to bring profit to those people who spread it in the Internet. When you actually click on its ads or buy anything through them, this is the moment when its owners and distributors get paid. However, you will not be able to get any benefit from this adware. Furthermore, this program may represent serious danger for your computer. It may produce a lot of misleading pop-up windows in your browser, telling you about various problems and infections supposedly revealed in it. Then these pop-ups may tell you to download and install many additional programs supposedly to fix these issues. In reality, by proceeding with such installations users actually install a lot of other unwanted and even malicious applications.
Wild West adware can be effectively deleted from your computer if you scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful antimalware application. You will need to remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help as explained below. In case you need more help, please feel free to contact us without hesitation. We will do all our best to help you clean your computer from adware, malware and other unwanted applications.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Wild West adware automatic removal
Direct removal video (manual uninstall solution):
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Wild West adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Wild West program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Wild West program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.