Ads by Infonaut, or simply Infonaut Ads, may bother many PC users today. This adware attacks all major browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Of course, other browsers might also be affected by it. The adware installs its own add-on (extension) into all these browsers. Plus, it will be mentioned in the list of legally installed applications of your computer. As a results of its intrusion, you will see various forms of pushy online advertisement displayed in various parts of your screen.
Many users today try to get rid of this disgusting adware. Yet, they don’t know how to do it effectively. They scan their computers with various antivirus programs and malware removal tools. yet, no matter what they do, these Infonaut Ads still appear in their browsers. This is because such antispyware applications don’t have Infonaut adware included into their anti-adware databases.
Ads by Infonaut have the only purpose in mind, which is to bring profit to those people who stand behind its massive distribution in the world wide web. When you actually click on these ads or buy anything through them, this is the moment when its owners and distributors get paid. However, you will not gain any single benefit because of this adware in your computer. You may notice that your system works extremely slow as a result of Infonaut in it. This is because the adware consumes a lot of system resources and causes high CPU usage.
Furthermore, in many cases clicking on Infonaut Ads may be extremely dangerous. The adware produces a lot of sudden pop-up windows through all major browsers. These pop-ups may redirect users to various third-party websites, which sooner or later may infect user’s PC with other malicious applications, mainly classified as PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
To stay on the safe side and to secure your PC from further infections, please carefully follow the guide explaining effective removal of Infonaut adware from your computer. We recommend you to do it with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful antispyware application. You will need to remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version), and then to reset your browsers with its help. The alternative solution is to uninstall this adware manually. However, as we’ve mentioned above, this method might not always work. The tutorial below gives you exactly what you need to delete Infonaut virus from your PC. In case you require more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Infonaut automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Infonaut.
Step 1. Uninstalling Infonaut from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Infonaut are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Infonaut adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Infonaut program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.