You may suddenly notice that Internet Quick Access came into your computer and replaced all other major browsers you use. This problem may happen as a result of you installing some other free applications recently.
Internet Quick Access program may be traced in the list of legally installed programs of your computer. You may notice chrome.exe running process when you open the Task Manager of your computer. However, this chrome.exe process will not be related to Google Chrome genuine browser. Its location will be in the “Chromium” folder in the “Program Files” section of your computer.
When you try to open your regular browser, either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you will see Internet Quick Access instead. By the way, the home page of it will be set to start with safebrowsesearch.com.
Internet Quick Access browser has its own extension called “internetquickaccess 0.1“. Below is the screenshot explaining how it looks like:
We recommend you not to use Internet Quick Access and safebrowsesearch.com for your queries online. This is a pseudo browser, which is a shameless copy of Google Chrome. Also, it may lead you to a lot of dangerous places in the Internet where your system may become infected with all sorts of other malicious applications. We recommend you to follow this guide below to get rid of this program effectively.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Internet Quick Access automatically.
Step-by-step automatic uninstall tutorial:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Internet Quick Access.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Internet Quick Access are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.