In order to realize what a bad thing istart.webssearches.com does for your browser, let’s try to demonstrate how it acts in a particular case. So, let’s imagine, you wake up one sunny morning, have a cup of coffee and turn your PC on to watch the latest news in Ukraine about the Russians invading this country (or some other news localized for your state). Suddenly, after you finally open your browser, you see that instead of google.com, search.yahoo.com of the blank page on startup, you see istart.webssearches.com in the beginning of your search. The browser thus offers you to carry on your search through this website. Also, the search results to your queries will be rendered from another website, related to webssearches.com. Obviously, this isn’t the amendment that was initiated by you. This is the result of the malware attacking your system and modifying your browser and search preferences. Following this tutorial will help you to get rid of istart.webssearches.com hijack from the home page of your browser on startup.
Removal of istart.webssearches.com surely isn’t an easy thing to do. First of all, some users aren’t tech savvy to understand how exactly to deal with search engines and search settings of their browsers. Furthermore, this browser hijacker is also able to amend the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser that got attacked by this virus.
On the other hand, if you know the good guide that can assist you in fixing your browser infected with istart.webssearches.com, then you surely may have a good place to start with your process of removing this piece of malware from your system. Following this guide will eventually help you to get rid of this annoying potentially unwanted program from your system.
Anti-malware tool necessary for istart.webssearches.com hijack automatic removal
Similar removal video that explains removal of Webs Searches hijacker automatically with the help of Trojan Killer:
Istart.webssearches.com step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after istart.webssearches.com virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 2. Repairing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu objects related to your browser infected by this browser hijacker.
This browser hijacker also sets up its attribute to the Desktop icons and possibly some Start menu objects of your browsers attacked by it. In order to fix this issue you need to right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers attacked by this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to istart.webssearches.com in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker (YouTube video guide that is applicable for fixing all infected browsers):
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.