Jamenize Search in your browser proves that it was hijacked. This problem happens merely with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, even though other browsers are under the attack as well. In this article we will explain to you how to remove Jamenize Search and uninstall WSE_Jamenize, the core of this browser hijacker.
It isn’t a secret that this particular hijacker is spread in the Internet today through being actively bundled with a lot of free applications. Surely, your duty is to pay close attention to what exactly you’re going to make the part of your PC in addition to the main application of your choice. Reading the EULAs (End User License Agreements) is a good way to avoid installation of unwanted programs like Jamenize Search. These documents typically disclose all third-party offers, and your job in this case is to select the option of a custom or advanced installation where you may uncheck these additional extra programs from being installed into your computer by default.
Jamenize Search attacks the PCs of those users who fail to be duly attentive as we’ve explained above. Some people don’t really read carefully what exactly they’re installing into their PCs. They just blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons all the time, without actually reading what they agree with. This results in installation of all kinds of absolutely useless applications into computers. Technically, this Jamenize Search isn’t a virus, but it isn’t a good application either. It promises to furnish you with some superb search results, but in reality its goals are quite different. The purpose of this hijacker is to collect your browsing data and then to use it for various purposes, mainly related to further distribution of unwanted programs like adware which would show you the bunch of ads depending on what you’ve been looking for before.
You may notice that the home page of your browser hijacked by Jamenize Search has been changed into jamenize.com. You will also see a lot of annoying ads displayed on this home page. There will be many sponsored links shown on top of search results redirected through jamenize.com. This all reveals the real purposes of this hijacker. It isn’t even a decent search engine. Its only aim is to work as a spy on your computer and to collect a lot of sensitive information from it.
You may remove Jamenize Search from your browser manually. For this purpose you will need to remove (uninstall) WSE_Jamenize from the list of legally installed applications of your PC by accessing the Control Panel of it and going to such option. Then, once WSE_Jamenize is deleted, you will need to change the home page settings of your browser infected by this particular browser hijacker. In some rare cases, especially with Mozilla Firefox browser, full browser reset might be required.
The alternative way to remove Jamenize Search is to scan your computer with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful antimalware tool. It is able to detect WSE_Jamenize and remove it completely, as well as all other unwanted programs in your system. You will need to scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version), and finally to reset your browser with it. In case you require more profound assistance in this or any other PC-related issue, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Jamenize Search removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like WSE_Jamenize. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of WSE_Jamenize hijacker manually (for free):
Jamenize Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling WSE_Jamenize from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Jamenize Search are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WSE_Jamenize from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on WSE_Jamenize with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WSE_Jamenize. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on WSE_Jamenize with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Jamenize Search removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: