Key Find is a hijacker that modifies the homepage settings of your browser and is also set up to open in each new search tab you open it. The homepage will be key-find.com, which obviously has nothing to do with your legitimate browser. The problem of browser hijacked by Key Find virus is the issue for browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox mainly, even though other browsers aren’t an exception. Following this guide will help you to get rid of Key Find hijack from all of them.
Key Find malware gets into computers together with many other free programs which users often download and install from various online software download resources. It is true that they offer freeware downloads, but the problem is that they are often bundled with all sorts of absolutely not necessary extras, such as all kinds of adwares and browser hijackers. Key-find.com is one of them, and there are surely many other similar potentially unwanted programs.
If you have discovered that Key Find is a part of your browser, then you surely must do something about it. The only way of dealing with it is to get rid of this hijacker. First of all, its presence on your browser really slows down its performance. Also, you will see a lot of annoying ads that will be displayed at the home page of your browser hijacked with it. The search results redirected through key-find.com will not be really relevant, plus, they may be full of all kinds of annoying sponsored links, which may lead you to all kinds of unsafe websites. We recommend you to follow the tutorial below that will help you to get rid of Key Find virus from your browser. If you have any difficulties trying to delete it, please let us know.
Anti-malware tool necessary for key-find.com hijack automatic removal
Similar removal video that explains removal of key-find.com hijacker automatically with the help of Trojan Killer:
Key-find.com step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Key Find virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 2. Repairing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu objects related to your browser infected by this browser hijacker.
This browser hijacker also sets up its attribute to the Desktop icons and possibly some Start menu objects of your browsers attacked by it. In order to fix this issue you need to right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers attacked by this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to key-find.com in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker (YouTube video guide that is applicable for fixing all infected browsers):
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.