Kilo Search is a new browser hijacker changing the home page of your browser into kilo-search.com. It has been first noticed after installation of istartsurf.com hijacker into the home page, which was then replaced by kilo-search.com. There are other paths through which the hijacker may be installed. In most of the cases it gets installed along with other free applications.
When you look at the home page of your browser hijacked with Kilo Search you will come to understanding the purpose of this hijacker. Its mission is to display tons of intrusive advertisement banners and various sponsored links. For example, the home page kilo-search.com already displays the bunch of ads, plus ads and sponsored links are located together with the pseudo search result redirected through the hijacker.
Another mission of Kilo Search is to collect the information about your browsing preferences. When you make certain queries and transfer them through kilo-search.com, the hijacker collects this data and transfers it to third parties for various illegal purposes, mainly related to further distribution of adware and potentially unwanted applications.
It is a mistake to think that Kilo Search has in mind to assist you in finding the information online. Very often browsers infected by it work extremely slow and may even crash. If you have found this hijacker to be enabled in your PC, follow this solution below to get rid of it fully with the help of GridinSoft Anti-Malware, the proven virus removal tool. What you should do is to scan the system with it, remove the infections it finds in your PC (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. This site also renders free malware removal assistance via chat, so get in touch with us whenever you need additional help.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Kilo Search automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular browser hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Kilo Search.
Step 1. Uninstalling Kilo Search from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Kilo Search are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Kilo Search hijacker from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Kilo Search with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the hijacker from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this program from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with Kilo Search virus again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.