Following this tutorial will help you to get rid of Lasaoren Search virus from your computer. To be more correct, this isn’t really a virus or malware, but rather a potentially unwanted program classified as browser hijacker. However, it may and it will cause serious search engine redirections through lasaoren.com website and may bring you to a lot of third-party websites, which in their turn could considerably infect your PC and your browser with tons of other useless applications. We do recommend that you remove this browser hijacker from your computer, and in this guide we will help you to uninstall it completely from your system.
You may actually trace Lasaoren Search browser hijacker by WSE_Lasaoren, a special program legally installed and seen in the list of programs when you go to the Control Panel of your computer. However, even if you uninstall WSE_Laseron, your browser will still be hijacked by Lasaoren Search. You will see that the home page of your browser is changed to lasaoren.com, and opening every new search tab again and again opens Lasaoren New Tab in your browser.
The problem with Lasaoren Search virus is the issue for the majority of contemporary browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Another step for successful elimination of this hijacker is to remove any suspicious add-ons or extensions of your browser, which are related to Lasaoren Search. These manual steps for removal of this browser hijacker are very well explained below, and if you pay close attention to these instructions you will finally manage to remove this browser hijacker completely from your system.
In case you would like to remove Lasaoren Search virus automatically, we also furnish you with the automatic uninstall instructions below. You will need to download GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful anti-malware software, which will scan your PC and find all files, folders and registry entries associated to this browser hijacker. To remove such detected items you will need to purchase the full version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer, and, finally, you must reset all your browsers with its help. This automatic removal method is set forth below. In case you require or assistance in any computer-related issues, including removal of Lasaoren Search or any other malware or potentially unwanted program, please feel free to contact us at any time of your preference. We will do all our best to assist yo the best we can in fixing your system and your browser.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Lasaoren Search hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Lasaoren Search. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of Lasaoren Search hijacker manually (for free):
Lasaoren Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling Lasaoren Search hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Lasaoren Search hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WSE_Lasaoren trojan from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on WSE_Lasaoren with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall WSE_Lasaoren. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on WSE_Lasaoren with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Lasaoren Search virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: