Leasefile.com is yet another malicious domain name actively involved in massive distribution of various junk programs. In particular, you may install adware, browser hiajckers and other PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) directly through this very website. It most often comes up in the form of a misleading pop-up message in your screen.
Such leasefile.com pop-ups, in fact, tell you a lot of faulty stuff. For example, you may be reported about the need to install some sort of Video Player for your PC. Even if your system has a brand new Windows 10 version, you still may see this strange and weird pop-up telling you to install this Video Player. Then, if you by mistake proceed with this intrusive offer on the part of the pop-up, you eventually may end up installing a lot of junkware into your PC. Here is the example of faulty alert reported by this domain:
Please install the Video Player (Recommended)
- Based on ffmpeg the leading Audio/Video codec library
- Supports *.FLV, *.AVI, *.MOV, *.MKV, *.SWF and more
- Super fast and user-friendly interface
- 100% free & Safe-share it with your friends
Downloading takes a few seconds and no restart needed after installation
As we’ve said above, it is very dangerous for you to obey such faulty guidelines as stated in such leasefile.com pop-ups. Very often their occurrence means that the system is already contaminated by some adware, which definitely needs to be deleted from your PC.
All major adware programs today are actively spread in the Internet through being bundled by default with many free applications. Users need to pay close attention to what exactly they install into their PCs in addition to the main application of their choice. If you read about some additional third-party programs in the EULAs of free programs you’re going to install, make sure you always select the option of a custom or advanced installation. This is the place where you may easily uncheck all third-party unwanted stuff from becoming the part of your system.
Some users today actually fail to be duly attentive when they deal with free software. So, they often click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what exactly they agree with. As a result, they often invite various junk applications into their PCs, including those spreading such leasefile.com pop-ups. We recommend you to follow this tutorial below explaining how to fix this problem.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate leasefile.com pop-ups automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of leasefile.com pop-ups.
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the related program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Trojan Killer renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install Trojan Killer. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.