MediaPlayerVid2.4 is a new quite annoying adware currently attacking all major browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. You may notice a lot of Ads by MediaPlayerVid2.4 popping up in your browser on quite a regular basis. These ads will be multiple and will definitely distract your attention from things that are really important to you. If you’re right now struggling and trying to delete these ads, following this tutorial will help you to understand how to do it in a professional and effective way.
Note that MediaPlayerVid2.4 adware is nowadays bundled by default with many other free applications. Users who spend a lot of time downloading and installing free programs need to pay close attention to what else they’re suggested to be made the part of their PCs in addition to the main applications of their choice. So, if you’re just about to install some free program, make sure you carefully read the EULA (End User License Agreement) related to it. In case you read about MediaPlayerVid2.4 or any other unwanted extra suggested for you to be installed into the PC by default, go ahead and switch to the advanced or custom installation mode, i.e. the place where you may uncheck all third-party programs from being installed into your system by default.
There are some users today who actually fail to be duly attentive during freeware installation. So, they just blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what they agree with. As a result, they often allow all kinds of useless extras to become the part of their PCs by default. And then they start facing all such MediaPlayerVid2.4 Ads, Hot Deals, pop-ups and other forms of intrusive online advertisement through their browser.
Technically, MediaPlayerVid2.4 isn’t a virus or malware. Yet, it isn’t a good application either. It is one of those potentially unwanted programs you don’t need at all. Its presence in your system makes your entire PC and especially all your browsers to function extremely slow. Furthermore, because of this adware you may be redirected to all kinds of third-party websites which may infect your PC with all sorts of other junk programs.
To sum up, MediaPlayerVid2.4 is not really the good application for your PC. We believe that you must uninstall it immediately from your system, as soon as you find its presence in your computer. The best way to do it is to scan your PC with a reliable antispyware program, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. It will detect all malicious files, folders and registry entries from your PC and will remove them effectively from your system (with its full registered copy). Finally, you must reset all your browsers with its help. All these important milestones are explained in the tutorial below. In case you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate MediaPlayerVid2.4 automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of MediaPlayerVid2.4.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with MediaPlayerVid2.4 are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.