Hackers use UK’s Metropolitan Police name as the instrument of scaring users with the fake information. They developed a special application that belongs to ransomware malware group. This is the virus that locks the desktop at each system startup without letting user do anything on the infected PC. In addition, users are being accused of doing many bad things through their PCs. The list of false accusations is quite large and unpredictable for some, especially when such scary notice is received by some 90-year old woman who was raised in the Puritan traditions of the past. Here is the misleading notice that some users could get:
Attention! Illegal activity was revealed!
Your operational system is locked as a result of Great Britain law violation!
The following violations were revealed: your IP address [removed] was detected on illegal pornographic sites including child pornography, zoophilia and violent scenes with children! Pornographic video with elements of violence and child pornography were revealed on your PC!
This lockout is intended to eliminate possible distribution of the above materials from your PC in the Internet.
For your PC to be unlocked you have to pay penalty equal to 100£! The penalty is to be paid during 24 hours from the moment when your PC was locked! If the penalty is not paid all the data will be removed from your PC!
There are 2 ways of payment:
1. you can buy the ukash coupon for the amount of 100£. Enter the Ukash coupon number in payment field and press OK or send the coupon number by email [email protected] . You can buy the Ukash coupon at any available point.
2. You can pay the penalty by means of Paysafecard. Payment by means of Paysafecard is to be effected to the amount of 100£. Enter the pin code from your bill in payment field and press OK or send the pin code by email [email protected]
You can buy Paysafecard at any available point.
As soon as payment is effected your PC will be unlocked during 24 hours from the moment of payment.
As you see, the fraudsters are very talented in inventing new schemes of collecting money by means of deception. These are the crimes that must for sure be prosecuted by the police. As for the fake Metropolitan Police warning you see on our PC, please do not treat it as serious. Ignore it. You probably wonder how to get rid of this message you see on your screen. The reason is because met police virus (this is how some users name it in their search queries) would still prevail even after one tries to reboot the PC. Some other methods and certain manual skills are required to delete this infection. We’ve developed several instructions that might be of help for you to remove this virus and unlock your computer.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Metropolitan Police virus automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to Metropolitan Police ransomware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete Metropolitan Police ransomware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.