My.parallaxsearch.com is a browser hijacker, which is sometimes understood by unwary computer users as a virus. But definitely it is more correct to classify it as a hijacker due to the modifications it makes with the home page and default search engine settings of your browser. In this tutorial you will find the proper guidelines to get rid of my.parallaxsearch.com from all amended browsers installed in your PC.
My.parallaxsearch.com is also known under the synonym of Live Start Page. The home page of the hijacked browser will be named “Live Start Page“. If you attempt to look for some information through this hijacker, the pseudo search results will be delivered through css.infospace.com.
According to the analysis of our security experts, my.parallaxsearch.com may attack computers and browsers after users decide to download and install certain free applications. They might not notice important warnings and give their permission for such modifications to take place with their browsers.
Live Start Page (my.parallaxsearch.com) may easily penetrate into all widely used browsers, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. When you open any of these browsers on their startup, you may additionally see plenty of advertisement banners leading you to many unsafe places in the Internet. As a result, the PC may become even more deeply infected with other malware samples.
Our recommendation is that you carefully follow the guidelines below to get rid of my.parallaxsearch.com from all your amended browsers. It is mandatory to get rid of all malicious items detected in your PC with spyware removal tool and to reset your browsers with its help. Feel free to get in touch with us for further help.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate my.parallaxsearch.com hijacker automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of my.parallaxsearch.com browser hijacker.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with my.parallaxsearch.com virus are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall malicious programs from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on specific program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.