Oursurfing is a nasty hijacker currently infecting all major browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and possibly other less popular browsers. Once the attack of it is successful, the infection modifies the home page and default search engine settings of all these browsers without user’s intention for such amendments to occur. Hence, the home page will be changed into oursurfing.com. When starting the browser this very website will be suggested to start your search with. Furthermore, each user’s attempt to open new search tab may again and again reveal this very website name.
Technically, oursurfing isn’t a real virus or malware. Nevertheless, it isn’t a good application either. Its has various plans to be achieved in your computer, such as:
- Displaying targeted third-party ads in the home page of your hijacked browser.
- Redirecting you to various third-party websites through sudden pop-up windows via your browser.
- Dissolving partially relevant search results redirected through oursurfing.com with various third-party sponsored links.
- Collecting the information about your browsing experience and transmitting this data to third parties.
- Subsequent implantation of other unwanted applications into your system.
It is a fact that oursurfing is actively spread on the basis of being bundled by default with many other free applications. Users who are active in downloading and installing free programs need to make sure they don’t allow any other concealed installations to take place on their PCs. For this purpose it is very important to always pay close attention to the information contained in the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of all free programs installed by users. If you read about any other unwanted software like oursurfing hijacker as some third-party offer, make sure you always switch to the advanced or custom installation mode. This is the place where you may uncheck all these additional extras from being installed into your computer by default.
It is definitely very sad for us to admit that there are many users today who actually fail to be duly attentive during freeware installation. Such people typically click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what exactly they agree with. As a result, they often see a lot of junk programs running in their computer. You may notice that because of this particular browser hijacker your system functions extremely slow. We definitely recommend you to remove this infection from your system as soon as you identify its presence in your computer.
The best way to deal with oursurfing.com browser hijacker is to scan your system with a reliable antispyware application. You may do it with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which is powerful enough to detect and remove all malicious files and registry entries associated with this hijacker. Note that this can be done with its full registered version. Finally, you will need to reset your browser with its help. We’ve explained this procedure in the tutorial below. In case you need more help on our part, please feel free to get in touch with us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Oursurfing virus automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Oursurfing.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Oursurfing are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.