Pcsoftupdate.com is yet another website actively engaged in massive distribution of misleading pop-up windows though all major browsers. Most likely such things happen when users download and install various free programs bundled with adware. Some particular adware programs actually cause all such pcsoftupdate.com pop-up windows to appear, and you will be definitely fed up to see them all the time.
The problem of pcsoftupdate.com pop-ups most likely occurs with browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You may notice very strange add-ons (extensions) in all these browsers. Plus, the adware will be mentioned in the list of legally installed programs of your computer. You will see a lot of misleading messages in your browser, which might even scare you. Here is the example of what these pop-ups may mention:
Please Update Browser
You are currently browsing the web with Firefox and your Video Player might be outdated
Please update to the latest version for better performance
The point is that there’s no need at all for you to download any Video Player of update your browser. This is an absolutely fake information, so please do not trust it. The purpose of this pop-up window is to make your PC even more contaminated with various sorts of adware and other PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). We recommend you to be very careful with adware in your PC. Do not loiter with its removal. To do it effectively, please carefully follow the guide below explaining how to do it with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Removal of pcsoftupdate.com pop-ups and related adware is done with the full version of Trojan Killer. You will need to remove all the infections it finds and to reset your browsers with its help. In case you require more assistance, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate pcsoftupdate.com pop-ups automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of pcsoftupdate.com pop-ups.
Step 1. Uninstalling pcsoftupdate.com pop-ups from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on specific program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.