ProtectedBrowsing ads may pop up in your computer in a regular manner. This is not just a casual event. If your PC has been affected by this adware, then you will see a lof of such ads by ProtectedBrowsing in various sections of your screen. For example, you will see some words of the visited website highlighted with a green or blue color. When moving the PC mouse towards them you will see a special pop-up window coming up, telling you ‘Click to continue > by ProtectedBrowsing’. There are very many of such ProtectedBrowsing ads popping up everywhere, and this is surely a very annoying experience for all users to observe. In this tutorial we will help you to get rid of ProtectedBrowsing adware program from your computer for good and quite effectively.
ProtectedBrowsing adware comes often bundled with many other free programs downloaded by users from various online resources. So, whenever you deal with any free program downloaded from some online websites, even like Softonic or CNet, please pay attention to what exactly you are going to install in addition to the main software of your choice. Do not allow any hidden installations to take place on your computer without your permission or approval. Always read the End User License Agreements of such free programs, and please select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This is where you will see all kinds of third-party stuff offered for you to be installed in addition, and this is where you will be able to deselect such unwanted extras like ProtectedBrowsing adware.
ProtectedBrowsing will display a lot of annoying ads, saying that ‘this ad brought to you by ProtectedBrowsing’. Also, you might see some strange pop-ups from protectedbrowsin-a.akamaihd.net website, telling you to download some fake video codecs, media or video players,and other unwanted stuff, which all can be summarized in one familiar word – adware. We recommend you to get rid of ProtectedBrowsing adware by following our step-by-step adware removal instructions provided in the section below. If you need any help on our part when deleting this adware as explained below, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your convenience.
Anti-malware tool necessary for ProtectedBrowsing automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed ProtectedBrowsing adware removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling ProtectedBrowsing adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with ‘Stack overflow at line 207’ pop-up virus are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall ProtectedBrowsing adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click ProtectedBrowsing adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall ProtectedBrowsing adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click ProtectedBrowsing adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing ProtectedBrowsing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of ProtectedBrowsing adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to ProtectedBrowsing adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.