Quick Start is an unwanted element of your browser, however, it was not its part in the beginning. This is a very annoying browser extension which might be installed into your browser if you fail to be duly attentive when dealing with free programs downloaded from various online resources. Browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the ones which are the most vulnerable to the attack of this unwanted add-on or extension. Following this tutorial will help you to get rid of Quick Start from your computer.
Quick Start add-on (extension), as we’ve said already, is actively distributed online together with many other free programs downloaded by users. You must be very careful when you deal with any cost-free programs, because very often they are by default closely integrated with all sorts of other absolutely not necessary utilities.
Quick Start, after being brought into your computer, modifies the settings of your browser. Instead of the blank page opened in each new tab of it, you will see Quick Start. Or, if you previously selected google.com to be displayed in new tabs, you will see Quick Start as a result of such unwanted amendments.
Without a doubt, this unwanted extension must be immediately removed from your computer. It is not a virus in the full meaning of this word, however, this is a part of many browser hijackers and adware programs, which do act very brutally nowadays. We recommend you to follow the guide below that will help you to uninstall Quick Start from your computer for good.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Quick Start hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Quick Start. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Direct removal video that explains removal of Quick Start hijacker automatically with the help of Trojan Killer:
Quick Start step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling programs related to Quick Start hijack from the Control Panel of your computer (from the list below, or similar programs).
- Quick Start
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Quick Start hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall programs related to Quick Start trojan from your PC (see the list above). To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related unwanted programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the unwanted program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Quick Start virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Repairing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu objects related to your browser infected by this browser hijacker.
This browser hijacker also sets up its attribute to the Desktop icons and possibly some Start menu items of your browsers attacked by it. In order to fix this issue you need to right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers attacked by this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to vi-view.com in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Milestones to fix the Desktop shortcuts and Quick Launch and Stat menu items of your browser affected by Vi View hijack:
- Right-click the Desktop icons, Quick Launch or Start Menu items or your infected browser, click “Properties“:
- In the window that comes up click the “Shortcut” tab. Make sure that the target to your browser doesn’t have any “tails” that could lead to Vi View hijack. If you see any website related to Vi-View, remove it. These are most common targets to all major browsers (if their installation path was initially set by default):
- After you remove all junk data from the Desktop shortcuts, Quick Launch and Start menu items of your browser affected by Vi-View hijack, click “Apply” and “OK” to apply all introduced amendments made by you in an attempt to fix your browser:
“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” – for Internet Explorer
“C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” – for Mozilla Firefox
“C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” – for Google Chrome
“C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe” – for Opera
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker (YouTube video guide that is applicable for fixing all infected browsers):
Step 4. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: