Following this guide will help you to remove Ads by QuickRef, also known as Quick Ref Ads, from your infected browser. We categorize this infection as adware. Its purpose is to display all kinds of intrusive ads and pop-ups through browser and to make users click on them. Once the ad is clicked profit is earned by those who stand behind distribution of this adware in the Internet.
Most likely you will see Ads by Quick Ref to appear when going to various e-commerce websites. For example, if you decide to buy some gift for your girlfriend or boyfriend at Amazon, you might suddenly see sponsored ad by QuickRef to appear out of the blue. It is true that this ad may be relevant to what you’ve been looking for recently, but this doesn’t mean that the program displaying these ads is some genuine application.
As we’ve said above, QuickRef adware pursues the only goal, that is to bring profit for those people who stand behind its massive spread in the world wide web. The adware doesn’t really care about helping you to save more money from your online shopping. It simply does what is was designed to do – to present multiple pop-ups and advertisements in your browser and to trick you into clicking on them.
There are cases when Ads by Quick Ref represent danger for your computer. For example, you might see some information in these pop-ups which will be absolutely irrelevant to your search queries. You may be reported about various errors and problems with your computer. Finally, these ads may tell you to download and install some applications supposedly capable of fixing these invented issues. In fact, by downloading these “recommended” programs users may install all kinds of totally useless programs into their computers, such as other adware samples, browser hijackers and all sorts of unwanted applications.
The problem with Quick Ref Ads popping up is the issue for Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers mainly. You will most likely notice certain add-on (extension) added by this adware. Obviously, it is important to disable and remove such add-on from them. Another important step for you is to uninstall QuickRef adware from the list of legally installed programs in your PC.
Manual removal of Quick Ref Ads might be successful in some cases, however, the best way to completely neutralize them is to scan your system with a reliable and powerful antimalware tool, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. This automatic adware procedure is set forth in the remainder of this guide. Please feel free to contact us in case you require any additional assistance on our part.
Anti-malware tool necessary for QuickRef adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall QuickRef adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on QuickRef program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall QuickRef program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.