Rapid Relevant is a browser hijacker attacking some PCs these days through being bundled with other free programs. Most often the installation of this hijacker occurs together with installation of adware. As a result, you might experience the problem of persistent search engine redirection through rapidrelevant.com website.
The problem related to Rapid Relevant search hijacker is the issue for browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer mainly. Users whose browsers have been infected by this hijacker most probably see a lot of other forms of intrusive online advertisement (all powered by some nasty adware).
If you think that Rapid Relevant search will help you in finding what you need online, then you’re on the wrong track. Surely, this hijacker overestimates its abilities by saying “Rapid Relevant – A faster way to search”. In fact, the truth is quite opposite. Because of these permanent browser redirections through this website (rapidrelevant.com) your system and especially your browser will work extremely slow.
In addition to persistent search engine redirections, you might as well see a lot of annoying ads and sponsored links in your browser. This is the result of Rapid Relevant and other adware to be inside of your PC at this very moment. We definitely recommend that you fix this problem and clean your PC as soon as you find the presence of this malware in your system.
Rapid Relevant hijacker is the problem for many users today who are active in the Internet. In order to remove this hijacker and all related adware from your browser we recommend you to follow this simple guide below. In case you require more help on our part, please feel free to get in touch with us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Rapid Relevant hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Rapid Relevant. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of Rapid Relevant hijacker manually (for free):
Rapid Relevant Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling Rapid Relevant Search hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Rapid Relevant hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Rapid Relevant trojan from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on Rapid Relevant with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Rapid Relevant. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on Rapid Relevant with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Rapid Relevant virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: