RapidSearcher is a computer infection classified as a browser hijacker. It amends your homepage and search engine settings and replaces these parameters with its own ones. As a result, RapidSearcher will appear in every new search tab you open. Plus, as a consequence of this amendment, rapid-searcher.com website might also be used as the search engine of your infected browser. This guide is what you need to fix this search engine redirection problem and get rid of RapidSearcher from your computer effectively.
RapidSearcher typically gets into browsers as a result of user installing some other programs. These are mainly cost-free applications which users often like to download from many online resources. Regretfully, sometimes they don’t carefully read the instructions of the setup wizards of such programs, and this is how they actually permit browser hijackers like RapidSearcher to implement their negative amendments.
Because of rapid-searcher.com malware in your browser the PC, and the browser in particular, functions very slow. This all really annoys you and makes you wish to uninstall this potentially unwanted program from your computer. Regretfully, not so many users today actually know how to delete this program from their PCs.
RapidSearcher may attack the majority of contemporary browsers, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. If this attack has been successful on your PC then you immediately need the fix for this issue. This guide below will help you remove rapid-searcher.com from your browser automatically and absolutely for free with the full 15-day free trial of the program recommended for download below. Just make sure you carefully follow the uninstall instructions as explained in the remainder of this article.
Detailed removal instructions
To get rid of RapidSearcher virus browser virus manually and for free from your browser you will first need to uninstall several programs related to it. You may do it by removing them from the Control Panel of your computer. Most probably these can be the following unwanted applications installed on your system:
- RapidSearcher Browser new tab extension
This is a similar video guide that explains how to uninstall them from the Control Panel of your PC depending on the operating system installed on your computer:
If the information in the video hasn’t been clear to you, then please follow this tutorial below:
Step-by-step manual instructions to uninstall RapidSearcher and its related programs from the Control Panel of your PC.
Step 1. Uninstalling RapidSearcher from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with RapidSearcher virus are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall programs related to RapidSearcher virus. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to particular program (from the list below). In Windows Vista and 7 right-click related programs with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“. Again, these are the programs you need to remove:
- RapidSearcher Browser new tab extension
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall programs related to RapidSearcher virus. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click them with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
However, after you uninstall these four programs from the Control Panel of your PC you still might see RapidSearcher virus in your browser. You will need to check the Desktop icons of your browser infected with RapidSearcher virus. Right-click the Desktop icon of your infected browser, click “Properties”, then check the destination path to the executable of your browser. It must not contain anything related to RapidSearcher virus. If you see some additional links there, remove them. This video shows how to do it (on the example of Sweet-Page virus removal):
Please note that it is very important to check all Desktop and Start menu items related to your infected browser, and remove anything related to RapidSearcher virus (through checking the properties of these items as explained above). Anyway, we hope this information has been helpful to you. If you have any problems please let us know.