Ads by mntr in your browser isn’t a reason to panic. However, you should act accordingly, directed at effective and complete elimination of these ads and related adware from your browser.
The problem related to Ads by mntr typically occurs in all major browsers these days, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. According to our own analysis, their occurrence is explained by the presence of Shop-Wit adware in your computer. This fact may be proved by shopwit.exe or shopup.exe active processes (through opening the Task Manager application of your computer).
The truth is that Ads by mntr don’t display any genuine or relevant information in your screen. Often they show the contents which are absolutely useless and even harmful to pay attention to. Furthermore, because of Shop-Wit adware you may experience another problem – the issue of persistent redirection of your browser to random websites. As a result, you may see a lot of sudden pop-ups to appear through your browser out of the blue. If clicked, they may bring you to many unsafe places in the Internet, through which your computer may become even more infected with viruses.
In addition to the above-said information, Shop-Wit adware and its Ads by mntr essentially slow down the performance of your system. Browsers infected by this adware may crash, whereas the system may even freeze in some cases. The adware consumes a lot of system resources and causes high CPU usage, so obviously it truly deserves to be deleted.
The best way to remove Ads by mntr is to scan your computer with a proven antispyware program. We recommend you to do it with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which is a reliable antispyware program. You will need to scan your PC with it, remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and reset your browsers with its help as explained in the guide below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Ads by mntr automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Ads by mntr.
Step 1. Uninstalling Shop-Wit from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Shop-Wit are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Shop-Wit adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on Shop-Wit program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Trojan Killer renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install Trojan Killer. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.