If you’re struggling with elimination of search.golliver.com virus from your browser and don’t know how to do it effectively this guide will furnish you with all the necessary informant to do it the best way. In this tutorial we will explain you more about this hijacker, the way it comes to your PC, the manner in which it operates in your system and the methods of its deletion form your computer.
First of all, note that this search.golliver.com program in your browser is fairly classified as a browser hijacker. It has in mind to infect all major browsers today, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers, of course, aren’t an exception and can be affected by it too. Once the attack of this infection is successful, you will notice that search.golliver.com became set in the home page of your browser. So, whenever you to to look for some information online and open your default browser you will see search.golliver.com to be displayed on its startup. Plus, all your search queries will be redirected through this domain name. This is the reason why this program is referred to as browser hijacker.
The purpose of search.golliver.com is to collect a lot of information about what you’re looking for online. Then this information it collects might be used by third parties for various illegal purposes, mainly related to further implantation of malicious applications into your computer. You may notice that the home page of your hijacked browser displays a lot of intrusive ads, plus the pseudo search results redirected through search.golliver.com will be also accompanied by various third-party sponsored links. It is not safe to click on them, since you may be redirected to various malicious websites that may implant adware and even more serious viruses into your computer.
The intrusion of search.golliver.com virus takes place through other free applications. Users need to realize that it is their personal responsibility to pay close attention to what exactly they install into their PCs in addition to the main applications of their choice. For this purpose if is very important that users carefully read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of all free programs they’re going to make the part of their PCs. If you read about search.golliver.com or any other unwanted application suggested for you to become the part of your system by default, make sure you switch to the advanced or custom installation mode where you may uncheck all these unwanted extras from becoming the part of your computer.
Users who fail to be duly attentive during freeware installation often end up bringing a lot of junk programs into their computers. This is because they just blindly clicked on “Next” and “I agree” buttons while dealing with free programs, not really understanding what exactly they agreed with. Again, we do not recommend you to look for the information through search.golliver.com hijacker. Doing so may redirect you to various illegal websites that might infect your browsers and entire PC. As a result, your system may become full of infections.
We strongly insist on the necessity of removal of search.golliver.com from your PC. The best way to do it is to scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful antispyware application. You will need to remove all the infections it fins (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. In case you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice. Good luck!
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate search.golliver.com automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of search.golliver.com.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with search.golliver.com are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.