Hackers have become quite instrumental today in attempting new ways of scaring users. For example, they have recently elaborated a scary pop-up message which looks pretty much the same as Microsoft Security Essentials program. However, you can’t really click any button in this pop-up, since this isn’t a program but rather a scary alert which simply uses the design of legitimate MSE software.
Instead of suggesting you to fix the PC, this fake Microsoft Security Essentials alert tells you to call a special Toll Free Helpline to the number 0-800-078-6078 (UK Toll Free). Of course, you should not do it. Calling this number is the continuation of this scam. You will most likely hear the crooks who stand behind this pop-up. They will tell you to purchase their so-called technical services supposedly to fix your PC. Of course, they will report plenty of other fake errors and malwares supposedly identified in your PC.
Occurrence of these fake MSE Alerts prompting you to call 0-800-078-6078 Tool Free Number is caused by the presence of adware in your PC. For example, the pop-up appeared after MovieDea was installed and enabled in the PC. For full adware removal we recommend you to scan the PC with GridinSoft Trojan Killer and remove the infections found by it.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate 0-800-078-6078 scam automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of 0-800-078-6078 pop-up.
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with 0-800-078-6078 scam are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall adware application from your workstation. To make it possible, in Windows XP click on “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on adware program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your system as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any components related to this particular adware and other unwanted programs installed on your system.