There may be sudden “Advertisements powered by Bowser” to pop up in your screen out of the blue. These will not be just casual occurrence. The problem lies much deeper. Such many intrusive ads are originated by malicious application in your computer, which is fairly categorized as adware. You’re not alone struggling with this issue. There are many other active Internet surfers today who have understood what problems may be caused by adware these days.
Ads by Bowser generally don’t bring any positive information before you (which would be worth paying attention to). Quite to the contrary, in fact. The adware may lead you to a lot of unsafe places in the world wide web and make you often scared about the condition of your PC (through displaying a lot of faulty information about supposed errors identified in it). You may then be led by the pop-up to a lot of malicious websites distribution various junk applications. Even if you don’t see such scary alerts through your browser, you may still see a lot of totally junk information which doesn’t really represent any value to you.
On the top of the above-said, Ads by Bowser make your system to function extremely slow. You may notice that there are some strange processes active in your PC (when you open the Task Manager application). Your browsers may from time to time redirect you to various third-party sites of extremely bad reputation. The system may function extremely slow and even freeze. These are all the consequences of adware to be installed in your PC.
Note that all major adware samples these days are by default integrated with other free programs you might decide to download and install into your system. You obviously need to be very careful whenever you surf the world wide web and especially when you decide to install some free software. Please make sure to select the option of a custom or advanced installation (instead of the standard one). This will help you to uncheck all third-party components from becoming the integral parts of your computer. This is so far the best way to avoid Ads by Bowser from penetrating into your computer.
So, right now comes the logical question – how in the world could Ads by Bowser penetrate into your system? Well, the answer to this question is quite simple. Often users permit such junk programs to be installed into their systems when they fail to carefully pay attention to the installation guidelines of free programs they install into their PCs. They often just blindly click on “Next” or “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what they agree with. So, this is how they give the way to various useless software to be brought into their computers.
To get rid of these Ads by Bowser you are recommended to scan your system with a proven antispyware program, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to get rid of all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you need any further assistance on our part.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate Ads by Bowser automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Ads by Bowser.
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Ads by Bowser are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on adware program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Trojan Killer renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install Trojan Killer. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.