Av-alertguard.com pop-ups are extremely dangerous. They have in mind to scare you with a lot of faulty information. These pop-ups have in mind to make you call onto certain phone number where some people with poor English will act as if they’re some PC experts who can fix your PC problems. In fact, they’re simply the load of crooks who want to steal your money, without actually rendering any decent computer repair services.
Av-alertguard.com pop-up windows present a lot of faulty information. Additionally, such pop-ups are able to hijack your browser. In other words, you will not be able to use your browser normally. You might not even be able to close such pop-up windows. Even if you manage to do it, they might still appear in your computer. Here is the example of faulty information presented by means of these av-alertguard.com pop-ups:
Warning: system may have found unauthorized access on your computer.
Your system may have found (2) malicious viruses Rootkit.spyware and Trojan.malware
Your personal & financial information may not be safe.
For help call support for your browser right away:
1-855-780-9504 (USA TollFree)
Then another similar scary warning pop-ups with the following content:
You are getting unauthorized access on your browsers.
Windows may have been infected.
Please call +1-877-430-9761 (USA TollFree) for immediate support!
Possible network damages if potential virus are not removed immediately:
DATA EXPOSED TO POSSIBLE RISK:
- Your credit card details and bank information
- Your e-mail passwords and other account passwords
- Your Facebook, Skype, AIM, ICQ and other chat logs
- Your private photos, family photos and other sensitive files
- Your webcam could be accessed remotely by stalkers with a VPN virus
MORE ABOUT THE VIRUS:
Seeing these pop-up’s means that you may have a virus installed on your computer which puts the security of your personal data at a serious risk. It’s strongly advised that you call the number above and get your computer inspected before you continue using your Internet, especially for shopping.
Call immediately for assistance on how to perform your check. Contact Customer Support at +1-855-
780-9504 (Toll Free).
As you see, this website av-alertguard.com uses a lot of scary methods to make users really worried about their computers. Some people are easily tricked and may decide to call onto those numbers quoted above. Indeed, your PC is most probably infected, but there’s no point for you to call onto these phone numbers. By doing so you will be tricked even more and forced to pay money for absolutely useless services of people who claim to be PC experts, but in reality they’re simply the frauds who hunt for your money.
As we’ve said above, the occurrence of such pop-ups is most likely caused by adware in your computer. We recommend you to carefully follow this guide below which explains how to clean your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful antimalware tool. You will need to scan your PC with it and remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version). The final important step for you is to reset your browser with Trojan Killer. In case you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary for av-alertguard.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.