If you think that better-search.net program that came into your browser may render better search results, then your thinking is wrong. In fact, what this program really does is attacking your browser, hijacking the home page of it and becoming the search engine for all your queries. This is a pseudo search engine, a very primitive one, and surely you can’t rely on it. In this article you will find out how to remove better-search.net virus from your computer.
One thing you may be confident in – better-search.net in your browser isn’t related to Windows operating system you have installed on your PC. This application is the product of cyber hackers who simply want to make you view and click a lot of annoying advertisement banners and sponsored links displayed inside of this hijacker (at the hijacked homepage of your browser and together with the search results that were redirected through it).
Better-search.net malware is spread together with many other free applications which users download online. This is why, if you’re a person who regularly downloads something from online resources, make sure that you carefully read the instructions of the setup wizards of such programs. Don’t allow any hidden installation to take place without your consent.
Better-search.net virus attacks browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. The search results that got redirected through this browser hijacker aren’t really relevant, so the best decision to which you may and should come is to get rid of better-search.net from your browser as soon as possible. This guide will help you remove it effectively and completely (and for free, by the way).
Detailed removal instructions
To get rid of better-search.net browser virus manually and for free from your browser you will first need to uninstall several programs related to it. You may do it by removing them from the Control Panel of your computer. Most probably these can be the following unwanted applications installed on your system:
- Desk 365 (or some similar program)
- Browser Protecter (or some other software with similar name)
- IePluginService (with some particular version mentioned)
- SupTab (comes bundled with many browser hijackers)
- WPM188.8.131.5259 (or similar unwanted software)
This is a similar video guide that explains how to uninstall them from the Control Panel of your PC depending on the operating system installed on your computer:
If the information in the video hasn’t been clear to you, then please follow this tutorial below:
Step-by-step manual instructions to uninstall better-search.net and its related programs from the Control Panel of your PC.
Step 1. Uninstalling better-search.net from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with better-search.net virus are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall programs related to better-search.net virus (those listed above). To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click related programs with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall programs related to better-search.net virus. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click them with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
However, after you uninstall these four programs from the Control Panel of your PC you still might see better-search.net virus in your browser. You will need to check the Desktop icons of your browser infected with better-search.net virus. Right-click the Desktop icon of your infected browser, click “Properties”, then check the destination path to the executable of your browser. It must not contain anything related to better-search.net virus. If you see some additional links there, remove them. This video shows how to do it (on the example of Sweet-Page virus removal):
Please note that it is very important to check all Desktop and Start menu items related to your infected browser, and remove anything related to better-search.net virus (through checking the properties of these items as explained above). Anyway, we hope this information has been helpful to you. If you have any problems please let us know.