Have you seen one of the pop-up windows coming from catchprize.com website? Well, if you see them quite often in your browser, then this means that your browser is most probably hijacked by the potentially unwanted program classified as adware. In order to disable such catchprize.com pop-up windows from your browser you will need to uninstall the adware which causes such problems in your browser. Following this guide will help you to remove it from your computer.
The pop-ups from catchprize.com website promise many things to you. For example, you might receive such pop-ups with offers to win an iPad or iPhone. This is what one of such pop-up windows could mention:
You could be this week’s lucky winner in United Kingdom!
Here’s Your Chance to Win!
You have a chance to Win an Apple iPad!
Click “OK” for details.
In reality, such pop-up windows have the only thing in mind – to collect your personal information, which later on may be used for all kinds of malicious purposes, such as sending spam emails with various offers. If you actually agree to participate in such contests supposedly to win an iPad, you will then be suggested by this pop-up to specify a lot of personal information, such as your name and email address, and your telephone number as well. We recommend you to stay away from doing this. Otherwise you put your computer at risk of being targeted by malicious links which might be received through spam emails.
In order to get rid of catchprize.com pop-up windows and its many surveys we recommend that you uninstall any suspicious programs from your computer through accessing the Control Panel of your system and checking the list of installed applications. If you see anything suspicious there, make sure you uninstall (delete it). Also, make sure that your browser doesn’t have any suspicious extensions (add-ons). We finally recommend that you scan your system with a powerful anti-malware application and remove all infections it finds. All these adware and malware removal steps (both automatic and manual ones) are explained in the removal guide set forth below. In case you require our help removing malware or adware from your PC, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your preference.
Anti-malware tool necessary for catchprize.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed adware removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with any suspicious adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any possible adware programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to them. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click this adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to all possible adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.