Checkupdate.codecheckgroup.com is a misleading pop-up windows which scares many Internet surfers today. Appearance of such pop-ups is caused by adware to be enabled in your system. It might be that you will see certain program classified as adware, which will be directly specified in the list of legally installed programs in your computer. Or you may see certain add-ons added by adware into your browser. On the other hand, even after you attempt to remove particular adware in a regular way, you may still see the bunch of intrusive advertisements and plenty of annoying pop-ups, such as checkupdate.codecheckgroup.com scary alerts.
It is also possible that you will not detect any suspicious programs or extensions in your PC at all, whereas ads and pop-ups like checkupdate.codecheckgroup.com will keep bombarding your screen. The very fact of appearance of these pop-ups isn’t the reason to panic though. Yet, if you proceed with their misleading offers, your PC may become infected with other dangerous applications.
Checkupdate.codecheckgroup.com pop-ups are very misleading, since they’re specifically designed to force you into installing other malicious software into your computer. Here is the message conveyed by such tricky alerts:
The page at checkupdate.codecheckgroup.com says:
There is a new Flash Player version. Install new version for better performance.
Do not ever proceed with these offers as recommended through checkupdate.codecheckgroup.com pop-ups. Instead, we suggest that you scan the computer with GridinSoft Anti-Malware, the proven virus removal software. This will help you to make your computer free from adware and other hazardous programs.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate checkupdate.codecheckgroup.com pop-ups automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers a superb built-in module to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.