Ctlmngui.exe is a special process in your computer related to Search Protect by Conduit. This is a very annoying browser hijacker which might easily attack your computer and infect your browser. In case this hijacker is in your system then you will see ctlmngui.exe as a running (active) process in your computer. When you open Task Manager and check all running processes, you will see ctlmngui.exe in the list.
Search Protect by Conduit is a truly unwanted application. It is considered as a PUP (potentially unwanted program). It is related to many browser hijackers, such as search.conduit.com, or trovi.com, or trovigo.com. It actually prevents you from removing these browser hijackers from your system.
To remove all browser hijackers referred to above one needs to uninstall Search Protect from the computer. In order to make it possible you will need to stop (terminate) ctlmngui.exe and all related processes (such as CltMngSvc.exe).
You may uninstall Search Protect PUP in a manual way, through accessing the Control Panel of your computer and uninstalling it from the list of installed software. On the other hand, this manual removal method might not be sufficient enough to completely get rid of the a.m. browser hijackers from your computer. We recommend you to scan your computer with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, remove all detected infections, and reset your browser with its help. Please follow this automatic removal guide as explained in the tutorial below. If you need our help, please feel free to contact us at any time of your preference.
Anti-malware tool necessary for ctlmngui.exe malware automatic removal
Similar removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Search Protect and other unwanted programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious programs with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Search Protect and other suspicious programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.