Downvideoplayer.com site isn’t safe. We think so due to the huge number of annoying pop-up windows it spews out in your browser. This happens because your computer is infected by adware, which is actually the cause of such pop-ups. This tutorial will assist you in removal of these downvideoplayer.com pop-ups from your computer.
To say that downvideoplayer.com pop-ups are just annoying is not enough. They’re very misleading, and this is why they’re extremely malicious. Very often they present a lot of faulty information, which has in mind to trick users into downloading all sorts of viruses into their computers. Here is the example of the faulty information presented by these pop-up windows:
Please Update to the Latest Version
You are currently browsing the web with Firefox and your Video Player might be outdated
Please update to the latest version for better performance
- Superior HD Video Streaming and Hardware Acceleration
- Download Any Movies, Shows or Video Clips
Critical Security Patch and Bug Fixes
You are currently browsing the web with Firefox and it is recommended that you update your video player to the fastest version available. Please update to continue.
There’s absolutely no need for you to download, install or update Video Player for your browser. The truth is your PC is quite up-to-date. Such downvideoplayer.com pop-ups may appear even in Windows 8.1 or even in Windows 10 operating system, which is going to be released soon. The occurrence of these pop-ups doesn’t mean that the system is outdated. This simply means that your computer has become contaminated with some nasty adware, which now causes all such pop-ups in your browser.
The trouble related to downvideoplayer.com is mainly the issue for browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. In order to fix this issue you will need to detect the adware which now causes such pop-ups, and to get rid of it immediately from your system. Please follow this guide below explaining how to do it effectively. In case you require more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Anti-malware tool necessary for downvideoplayer.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.