Dregol New Tab add-on (extension) is most likely installed together with Dregol Search browser hijacker. You can also make Dregol New Tab the part of your Google Chrome browser in a legal way (through the built-in option to install add-ons for Google Chrome browser). However, we don’t think that there are people today who would do it according to their personal intention. Most often the intrusion of this unwanted add-on (extension) takes place according to the totally different pattern, which isn’t really legal. In this tutorial you will find more about the ways of Dregol New Tab intrusion, and about the solution to remove it from all your modified browsers.
Dregol Search, as well as Dregol New Tab, are installed into PCs and browsers together with some other free applications which installers are by default bundled with Dregol browser hijacker. User’s responsibility is to pay close attention to what other free applications he/she installs into the computer. It is important to pay attention to what other extras you’re suggested to make the part of your system. In case you read about this hijacker and are told how great it is to enhance your browsing online, do not trust this information. We recommend you to switch to the advanced or custom installation mode where you may uncheck these unwanted extras from being installed into your computer by default.
It is surely a regret to admit that there are users today who easily allow Dregol Search and other malicious applications to become the part of their PCs. Most likely they just click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons all the time, without really understanding what they agree with. As a result, they often install a lot of useless programs into their PCs. The problem with this particular browser hijacker is not just the issue with Google Chrome. Other browsers, like Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer, can be infected too.
We definitely can’t say any positive information about Dregol Search and Dregol New Tab as the way to find the information online. There are several purposes of this browser hijacker. One of them is to collect the information about your browsing preferences (search queries). Then you may be forced to install a lot of other useless applications (mainly classified as adware) into your PC, which will start producing a lot of ads matching your search queries. Also, this hijacker may itself play the role of adware. You may see a lot of ads and sponsored links shown in the home page of your hijacked browser, or together with the search results redirected through it.
As a result of your browser hijacked by Dregol Search and Dregol New Tab you may experience many problems. Most likely you will notice that your PC works extremely slow as a consequence of these unwanted modifications made with your browsers. Finally, searching for the information through these malicious websites isn’t really safe. You may be reported about various fake errors and troubles supposedly detected with your PC. Then you may be suggested to install a lot of junk programs into your computer supposedly to fix these troubles. But the truth is that these applications will make things even worse.
We definitely recommend you to remove Dregol New Tab and Dregol Search from your computer. For this purpose please follow this guide below explaining how to do it both manually and automatically. The best solution in this case is to scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, which is a powerful antimalware program capable of detecting and removing the most serious infections from your system (with its full registered version). In case you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your preference.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Dregol Search hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware program. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like Dregol Search. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of Dregol Search hijacker manually (for free):
Dregol Search step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling Dregol Search from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Dregol Search are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Dregol Search, Dregol Browser and similar programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to them. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on these applications with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Dregol Search, Dregol Browser and similar programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on these programs with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Dregol Search removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: