Error.safestep-police.net is a website related to distribution of computer virus infection classified as ransomware. This is a scam that masks itself as some police warning on your PC. However, this is a fake alert which is not related to any of the police bodies at all. This guide will help you get rid of error.safestep-police.net scary warning from your computer.
The website error.safestep-police.net may contain a scary yet fake accusation with regard to you as the owner of the PC. For example, it may mention that you’ve been found to be engaged in all kinds of illegal activities through your browser, this is why your browser has been blocked by the police. In reality, this message has nothing to do with the police, even though the browser is indeed blocked.
This scam from error.safestep-police.net site is a virus developed by the team of cyber frauds who want to get your money. They present this scary alert as a fake message supposedly from FBI, Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security department, Interpol, Europol, etc. This virus has an international character, this is why it is able to attack many world and European countries in particular. The same website error.safestep-police.net may contain different fake police alerts localized to match various target countries.
As we’ve said above, this fake alert from error.safestep-police.net will indicate that you’ve done a lot of illegal things through your browser, this is why your browser has been blocked. Hackers will then tell that in order to unblock your browser you will need to pay the fine through Ukash, Paysafecard or MoneyPak payment systems. In reality, this isn’t a fine but rather a ransom which goes directly into the pockets of cyber frauds.
If you’ve seen this fake police warning from the website error.safestep-police.net you need to ignore its contents completely and scan your PC with a reliable security program that will be powerful enough to detect the infection and remove it completely. For Windows-based browsers it is also important that you also reset them with the help of a program recommended below.
Error.safestep-police.net scam free removal steps:
- Download Loaris Trojan Remover through this link – http://loaris.com/download.php?trojanremover. You need to copy and paste it into your browser and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Install the program into your computer and run it.
- Start your free 15-day full trial period of using Loaris Trojan Remover.
- Scan your computer with Loaris and remove all detected infections associated with this kind of malware by pressing “Remove selected” at the end of scan.
- After removal of all threats click “Tools” and “Reset browser settings” in Loaris Trojan Remover as shown at the screen shot below:
Manual instructions to reset Safari Mac OS browser:
- In Safari browser click on the Safari menu, then select “Reset Safari“:
- Make sure that you check all boxes and press the “Reset” button then: