Findpages.net is a new browser hijacker. These days it may attack browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. As a result, you will see that findpages.net websites is set in the home pages of all these browsers. Plus, all user’s queries will be permanently redirected through findpages.net websites. We really doubt that you will like the search “services” rendered by this browser hijacker, so in this guide we will help you to remove it from your computer in an effective manner.
This findpages.net browser hijacker is actively distributed over the Internet along with many other free programs. So, if you’re a person who thinks about installing some free application into your system, make sure you read and read again all those boring End User’s License Agreements. Do not allow any hidden installations to take place on your system without your approval. These EULAs normally disclose all such information regarding third-party software offered for you to be installed in addition to the main software of your choice.
While you are in the very process of installing some free programs, make sure that you select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This will help you to see what other third-party programs and applications you are offered to install into your system in addition to the main software of your choice. If you do see such third-party programs, you need to deselect them from being installed by default.
You will not find any relevant search results when you do it via findpages.net browser hijacker. Most often you will see a lot of annoying ads displayed in the home page of your browser hijacked by it. Plus, the search results redirected through findpages.net hijack will be full of sponsored links that redirect you to third-party websites, and there is no guarantee that they’re safe. In all such cases clicking on such ads and sponsored links displayed by findpages.net hijacker is not recommended by us. What you need to do is to remove this browser hijacker as explained in the uninstall guidelines set forth below. By the way, you do not need to install any program to get rid of it. You may simply follow our manual removal instructions. If you require any additional help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your preference.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify Quick Search hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like findpages.net. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of Quick Search by findpages.net hijacker manually (for free):
Quick Search by findpages.net step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling findpages.net hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with findpages.net hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Quick Search trojan from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on findpages.net with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall findpages.net (Quick Search). To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on findpages.net (Quick Search) with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after Quick Search virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: