The site gex.coolpps.com is associated with truly annoying for of intrusive online advertisement, which displays a lot of pop-ups coming from this website. The truth is that these pop-ups are not just annoying, but also extremely dangerous. This is because they present a lot of misleading information in your browser.
The problem of gex.coolpps.com pop-ups is the issue for browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer mainly. The occurrence of these pop-up windows in your browser is explained by certain adware, which became the part of your computer somehow.
In the majority of the cases the adware is spread today through being bundled with a lot of other free applications. So, please be extremely careful when you install freeware into your computer. Make sure you know in advance what else you are going to make the part of your computer. This is why it is very important to read the End User’s License Agreements (EULAs) of all free applications you’re going to install into your system. If you read about some other third-party programs, then you need to select the option of a custom or advanced installation, which will help you to avoid installation of all these unwanted programs from your computer.
If you act carefully you will be able to avoid installation of adware causing such gex.coolpps.com pop-ups. In case your system has already been contaminated by some particular adware, then you will start facing a lot of such gex.coolpps.com pop-ups in your computer. We recommend you to be very careful not to click on such pop-ups, since this may infect your browser with a lot of other absolutely useless applications, and some of them may be considered as serious computer viruses.
In order to fix this problem with your browser we recommend you to follow this uninstall guide set forth below, which will help you to get rid of this adware either automatically or manually from you computer. Please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice if you need more assistance on our part.
Anti-malware tool necessary for gex.coolpps.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.