GoSave is a new adware program, which these days attacks the majority of contemporary browsers. Most often Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer are the main targets of this adware, which surely acts very aggressively. In this guide we will help you to uninstall it effectively from your system.
You can trace the presence of GoSave adware in your PC by several active (running) processes in your PC. Well, how do you actually know where to check any running processes? You need to open the Task Manager of your computer. Right-click with your PC mouse on the Task Bar (the horizontal bar in the bottom part of your screen), and then select “Task Manager”. When you click on the tab that shows all running processes, you will see GS_Booster.exe and GS_Sustainer.exe. This is the first sign that proves GoSave adware is in your computer.
Furthermore, you may even notice several applications in the list of legally installed programs of your computer. If you access the Control Panel of your PC and check the list of legally installed applications, then you will locate GoSave adware, plus GS_Booster and GS_Sustainer programs. You definitely need to uninstall them all, plus you will need to remove any suspicious add-ons (extensions) from your browsers affected by this adware. This is the manual solution to remove GoSave from your computer.
On the other hand, even after all these manipulations GoSave adware may be still inside of your computer. You will see many of its Ads by GoSave to come up in your browser. Plus, you may also encounter a huge number of pop-ups which could lead you to a lot of third-party websites, which altogether may infect your PC even more seriously. We recommend that you scan your PC with the full registered version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer, remove all detected infections and reset your browser with its help. Both automatic and manual ways of GoSave adware removal are explained in the guide below, so please feel free to contact us at any time of your preference.
Anti-malware tool necessary for GoSave adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed GoSave adware removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling GoSave adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with GoSave adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall GoSave adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on GoSave adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall GoSave adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click this adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to GoSave adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.