I-Search is a new browser hijacker infecting Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers primarily. The hijacker modifies several default settings of these browsers by changing their home page and default search engine parameters. Hence, the home page will be changed into i-search.us.com, and users will see I-Search tab whenever they start using their browsers. If they decide to open another blank tab, ISearch will come up again and again, no matter how many times they attempt to open new blank tabs. It is also important to note that user’s search queries will be redirected through us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com website.
All these amendments of your browsers mentioned above aren’t good. You have probably understood this already since you’ve started looking for the information on how to fix this problem effectively with your browser. This trouble most likely happens after users download and install some other free programs, which are by default bundled with this nasty browser hijacker. Even though user’s search queries are redirected through us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com, this doesn’t mean that the hijacker has anything to do with Yahoo Search Engine. It simply steals its search results and presents them as its own ones.
At the same time, we don’t recommend you to look for the information though I-Search browser hijacker. The purpose of this virus is to collect a lot of information regarding your search queries made through this hijacker. Then the chances are that this information will be transmitted to various third parties, which may later on forcefully install a lot of adware programs that will start displaying annoying ads that will match your search queries. By the way, the chances are that your PC is already infected with some adware, so you might already experience the problem of intrusive ads and pop-ups to appear out of the blue.
Speaking about I-Search, this infection also possesses with some features of adware. For example, the home page of your hijacked browser (i-search.us.com) may display a lot of intrusive advertisement banners. Very often these banners don’t present any valuable information. Furthermore, they may show you a lot of misleading content, having in mind to make you scared about your PC. You may be reported about various problems and errors supposedly revealed in your system, and then suggested in these ads to download and install various programs supposedly to fix these issues. In reality, by downloading and installing them you’re actually bringing a lot of other junk programs into your system.
Likewise, the search results redirected through us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com website may show you a lot of sponsored links shown on the top of these search results. These links may also lead users to a lot of third-party websites related to various adware programs, which might be suggested for users to be installed. As a result, your system may become even more infected with all kinds of junk applications. We don’t recommend you to look for the information through this hijacker. Instead, go ahead and clean your browser from its impact. You may do it automatically with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer as explained below. Make sure you remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and reset your browsers with its help. In case you require more help on our part, please feel free to contact us without loitering.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify I-Search hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like I-Search. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of I-Search hijacker manually (for free):
I-Search hijacker step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling I-Search from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with I-Search hijacker are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall I-Search hijacker and similar programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to them. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on these applications with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall I-Search hijacker and similar programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on these programs with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after I-Search virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: