Security Help Page pop-ups coming from important-notification.email domain create many problems for users today. If you see these pop-up alerts in your computer, then most likely you are not able to use your PC freely. These scary notifications will make it really difficult for you to block them and to remove them from your browser.
Important-notification.email pop-up windows are aimed to scare users into making a phone call onto specific telephone number supposedly to find some help fixing the PC, which is reported to have all sorts of problems. These alerts will tell you that yo have a lot of advertisements enabled as a result of your operating system to be outdated, or for some other reasons. If you actually call these toll-free numbers, you will most likely hear people with strong Indian accent who will then try to make you pay money for their totally useless services.
Here is the example of important-notification.email pop-up:
Security Help Page
The page at important-notification.email says:
If you are a Digital Ocean customer read before continuing to.
If appears that your Windows XP computer has popup ads enabled. Please call toll free to disable popup ads now at 1-877-254-1208.
Please follow these instructions:
Before you use, it is strongly advised that you call to disable popup ads. You can do so by calling 1-877-254-1208.
Another Security Help Page pop-up example:
Security Help Page
Attention: Important System Information Below. Call 1-877-254-1208 Now Toll Free.
Problems: Popup ads are enabled, which may result in a slow loading computer. This could be because of outdated antivirus software creating other security vulnerabilities that could expose personal information (including photos, passwords, credit card details, etc.). You may also have system errors, registry problems, too many processes running, multiple programs launching at startup, or memory that is severely fragmented. Call technical support now to disable popup ads.
Call Immediately – 24/7 Toll Free Support
Why am I seeing this? Popup ads are enabled likely because of outdated antivirus software. Your slow computer could also be a result of misconfigured system settings that require adjusting, heavy file fragmentation due to hard drives not being defragmented on a regular basis, presence of invalid or corrupt entries in the registry that prevents applications or system components from operating properly. Slow web browsing, downloads and web call interruptions on a supposedly high-speed connection are usually caused by incorrect network settings.
In reality, all such important-notification.email and Security Help Page pop-ups have in mind to trick users into wasting their money in favor of the crooks who elaborated such pop-ups and programs causing them. We’re confident that the occurrence of all these pop-up alerts is indeed explained by the presence of certain nasty aware in your PC. However, calling these phone numbers will not really help you to get rid of them. The best solution is to scan your system with a reliable antispyware application, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. It will help you to remove all detected infections and to reset your browsers (with its full registered version). If you need more help, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate important-notification.email virus automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Security Help Page pop-ups.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on adware program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.