The message coming from installer-now.com pop-up might be scary for some people. Actually, we know for sure that this alert is absolutely deceptive. Hackers have in mind to implant a lot of junk applications into the PC by means of these nasty pop-up windows. However, their permanent occurrence in your browser means that the system has been already contaminated by certain program classified as adware. In this guide you will find the information about removal of such adware and elimination of installer-now.com pop-ups caused by it.
Just as an example, here is the quotation from the scary alert presented by installer-now.com pop-ups:
Media Player Pro
Please install the HD Video Player (Recommended)
Upgrade recommended! Your media player may be out of date. Please upgrade to continue.
- Watch Video in Full 1080i HD
- Faster playback and streaming in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer
- 100% safe and secure download
- Compatible with all popular filetypes: AVI, MOV, MP4, MPG, WMV, and more
Updating takes under a minute, and you do not need to restart after installation
In reality, there’s no need at all for you to download any Media Player Pro, HD Video Player, or any other software whatsoever. Such message could appear in the PC with the most updated software. This simply means that your computer has been infected with adware, which has in mind to make your PC work even worse.
Pop-ups from installer-now.com are therefore very dangerous for you to click on. We obviously recommend you to devote some time to get rid of the adware causing these pop-ups in your screen. First of all, you may to to the Control Panel of your PC and try to locate some third-party programs you don’t need. If you see such useless application, make sure to uninstall them all right away. Also, you might need to clean your browser from all third-party add-ons (extensions) added by adware. Yet, if these manual steps don’t help you to avoid installer-now.com pop-ups, we recommend you to scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, the powerful antispyware application. You will need to remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and then to reset your browser with its help.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate installer-now.com pop-ups automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of installer-now.com pop-ups.
Step 1. Uninstalling related adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Trojan Killer renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install Trojan Killer. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.