Lax1.ib.adnxs.com is a very annoying pop-up window that comes up in your PC as a result of you installing some other application. These pop-up windows are very multiple, this is why they are very annoying for all users. Following this tutorial will help you to get rid of lax1.ib.adnxs.com pop-up virus from your system.
These lax1.ib.adnxs.com pop-ups are actually caused by the activity of some adware program currently running on your PC. In our case these pop-ups started to occur after we downloaded and installed the free version of Hotspot Shield program, just in an attempt to try its services. To be quite frank with you, the installer of Hotspot Shield clearly mentioned that as a “price” for free download and use of it we need to give our permission for Hotspot Shield to display a lot of ads popping up. So, obviously, these lax1.ib.adnxs.com pop-ups and their activity on our PC is the result of our personal decision to allow Hotspot Shield and its related applications to display such ads in the form of lax1.ib.adnxs.com pop-ups.
So, once again, we gave our personal consent for ads to be displayed by Hotspot Shield through lax1.ib.adnxs.com pop-ups. On the other hand, we installed this program on a virtual computer, and this installation didn’t affect our real PC. Nevertheless, these lax1.ib.adnxs.com pop-ups are very annoyng and quite multiple, consume a lot of system resources and aren’t really worthy to pay attention to. If you would like to avoid any unwanted installations into your PC that could cause lax1.ib.adnxs.com or similar pop-ups to occur, you simply need to pay attention to what exactly you install as a part of the freeware installation offer. If you see any additional programs offered to be installed into your system, don’t give your consent. Always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This is how you will be able to deselect all unwanted installations from being made on your PC.
To remove these many lax1.ib.adnxs.com pop-ups from your PC you need to uninstall the adware program that now causes them to appear in your system. You may do it either manually or automatically. Both of these removal methods are described below, and in our opinion you should try both of these methods to fix this problem effectively. Please follow the removal instructions provided below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for lax1.ib.adnxs.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with lax1.ib.adnxs.com pop-up virus are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.