Yoursearch.me is a new browser hijacker attacking many PCs today. Once the attack of it is successful, all browsers installed in your PC will be modified by it. As a result, their homepages will be changed int mys.yoursearch.me, or simply yoursearch.me. The purpose of this particular virus is to collect a lot of information about your search queries made by you online through the hijacked browser. Then this collected information may be transferred to third parties for various hazardous purposes, mainly related to distribution of targeted adware.
Yoursearch.me virus will cause a lot of unwanted redirection of all your installed browsers. It is surely a mistake to think that this site can furnish you with some decent search results. We’ve already told you about its only purpose, didn’t it? Furthermore to the above-said statement about this infection, the PC may become even more contaminated with malware as a result of browsing through this hijacker. You may be redirected to various third-party websites where you may be forced to download and install all kinds of illegal programs into your PC.
Yoursearch.me is actively spread in the Internet today through being bundled by default with many other free applications. If you’re a person who is active in downloading and installing freeware, make sure you always know what exactly you’re suggested to make the part of your computer. This explains why it is very important to always switch to the advanced or custom installation mode. At this particular point you may easily deselect all unwanted junk programs from becoming the part of your computer. Also, reading the EULAs (End User License Agreements) is a good way to avoid installation of all sorts of malicious programs into your PC, such as this yoursearch.me hijacker.
Taking into consideration the above-said information, we strongly recommend you to get rid of yoursearch.me virus from your PC and your browser. To make it possible, you need to scan your system with a powerful antispyware application, such as GridinSoft Trojan Killer. You will need to delete all the infections it finds in your PC and to reset your browsers with its help. In case you need more help, don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate mys.yoursearch.me automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this browser hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Trojan Killer after you delete this particular hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of mys.yoursearch.me.
Step 1. Uninstalling suspicious software from the Control Panel of your system.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with mys.yoursearch.me are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all suspicious programs from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on the suspicious program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing all junk items from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove all suspicious elements from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular hijacker and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.