Mystartpage6.ru is a dangerous browser hijacker currently infecting many PCs. The attack is specifically directed at browsers Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox, even though other browsers are not immune and can be contaminated as well. Following this guide will help you to remove mystartpage6.ru hijacker from your system.
Note that mystartpage6.ru, of course, is not some sort of computer virus. But it is not a good application either. Its main mission is to display the load of intrusive advertisement banners while you surf the web. Typically these ads will be located in the home page of your hijacked browser. Plus, your personal information may become accessible to cyber frauds, since this hijacker plays the role of spyware.
It is necessary to mention that mystartpage6.ru hijacker may be installed into PCs along with some other free software you might decide to make the part of your PC. So, in case you find the information about some other programs you really do not need, go ahead and switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode to prevent any third-party software from getting into the system.
For complete removal of mystartpage6.ru virus from your screen we suggest that you carefully follow this removal guide below. You will need to delete the infections with the help of a proven anti-malware tool and to reset your browsers with its help (for free).
Anti-malware software necessary to delete mystartpage6.ru automatically.
Detailed automatic removal milestones:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware using the download button (above).
- Install the software and scan your system with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this hijacker:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete mystartpage6.ru. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Note! GridinSoft Anti-Malware is a free scanner to identify malware traces in your computer. This means that its 15-day free trial version is only able to detect infections and remove 2 sole malicious items from your infected PC. If the computer is deeply contaminated with viruses, you need to purchase its full version to delete them.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with mystartpage6.ru again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.