The pop-up from opendownloadmanager.com website is yet another example of how tricky the contemporary adware is. These pop-ups may seem useful to some users who are deceived and tricked by them. On the other hand, there’s a danger in clicking on them and in especially downloading and installing what they “recommend”. If you’ve seen one or even several of such pop-ups in your screen, then it’s surely time to do something with your PC to fix this issue.
These opendownloadmanager.com pop-up windows, provided that this is a single occurrence, could appear in your PC as a result of you clicking on one of malicious links, which you could receive through spam emails, social networks, etc. On the other hand, if you see very many of such pop-up windows to appear in your browser, then obviously this is a sign of your PC to be already infected by adware, which now causes them to appear in your browser.
This is the just the example of what this opendownloadmanager.com pop-up could mention in your browser once it comes up in it:
Install Open Download Manager
Install Open Download Manager to download videos faster (Recommended)
Please update to the latest version available of the software for better performance
powered by Open Download Manager
Download online videos. Faster downloads guaranteed. Integrated Media Player. 100% Free & Safe.
So, you may ask yourself – why do you really need that Open Download Manager? If you want to download something online, you don’t really need any additional tools. Windows operating system actually furnishes you with all the necessary features and modules, which obviously allow you to do it without any complications.
Without any hesitation we can tell that you don’t need this Open Download Manager software. Furthermore, it is even dangerous to install it into your computer. If you do it then you may end up facing a lot of useless programs, like other adware and browser hijackers, in your computer. Please carefully follow this guide below that will help you in removal of these opendownloadmanager.com pop-ups from your browser.
Anti-malware tool necessary for opendownloadmanager.com pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “maSettings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.