OurStartPage is a new quite nasty browser hijacker currently infecting many browsers. This surely includes Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. The infection specifically targets Windows-based browsers.
OurStartPage is spread actively in the web along with some other cost-free programs. Users who are active Internet surfers and especially those dealing with cost-free applications need to make sure that they do not allow any hidden installations to take place in their PCs. Otherwise there’s always a risk for them to install a lot of other junk programs by mistake.
Once enabled, the hijacker amends the home page of all above-mentioned browsers to start with ourstartpage.com. Also, user’s search queries will be permanently redirected through this domain, which cannot furnish them with any decent search results. The hijacker pursues several goals. One of them is to display intrusive advertisement banners which accompany user’s surfing. These banners will be displayed in the home page of each hijacked browser and together with pseudo search results delivered by it.
Another purpose of OurStartPage virus is to collect the information about user’s browsing preferences. Later on this information may be transferred to third parties for various illegal purposes, which primarily have to do with subsequent implantation of potentially unwanted applications into PCs.
OurStartPage virus is additionally protected by certain programs which make it really difficult for users to get rid of it. You might change the home page of your browser back to google.com or some other start page of your preference, however, these extra programs protecting the hijacker will restore those unwanted settings back into all your browsers after you launch them next time. We suggest that you get rid of OurStartPage virus by following our automatic removal guide below.
Software required to get rid of OurStartPage virus automatically.
Detailed instructions to get rid of OurStartPage hijacker automatically:
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button above.
- Install the tool and complete its scan of your system with it:
- Upon the end of scan click on “Fix Threats“.
- In the pop-up window click on “Register Now“, then purchase the tool to activate it:
- As soon as the software is purchased, specify your email address and password into the respective fields of the program. You will get your password to activate the application onto your email you specified during purchase of the software:
- With registered version of the program, remove all infections detected by it during the scan.
- Reboot your system now.
- Repeat scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with OurStartPage browser hijacker again:
SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite is a great asset for your computer to combat malware, browser hijackers, adware and other computer infections. We suggest that you purchase its full registered version now to keep your computer permanently protected against all possible cyber threats.