While surfing the Internet you may occasionally or even quite often see Ads by PrintOnKey in your browser. These ads may appear in the form of advertisement banners of various sizes, or as sudden pop-up windows that will appear once you start your browser. This problem is fully caused by presence of annoying adware in your computer, and its name is called exactly like that – PrintOnKey.
You will be even able to see PrintOnKey program to be specified in the list of all installed programs of your computer. However, when trying to uninstall it in a common way you might still see Ads by PrintOnKey to appear in varoius sections of your screen.
PrintOnKey adware is typically bundled with many free programs. If you hunt for a good and free software, do not hurry up to install it even after you find something that really matches your choice. Take time to duly read the information presented in the EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to all free software you intend to make the part of your computer. So, if you do find the information about PrintOnKey adware as some additional offer, switch immediately to the advanced or custom installation mode. So far, this is the best option to prevent adware intrusion into your computer.
PrintOnKey adware will additionally generate tons of misleading pop-ups that will redirect you to all kinds of dangerous places in the Internet. These ads may redirect you to sites promoting other illegal software, such as fake system optimization programs which only have in mind to force users to pay money for their useless services.
We suggest that you get rid of PrintOnKey program from your computer as soon as possible. We suggest that you do it automatically with the help of GridinSoft Anti-Malware as explained in the remainder of the guide below.
Anti-malware tool necessary to eliminate PrintOnKey Ads automatically.
Detailed automatic removal instructions:
- Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download button (above).
- Install the application and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections related to this adware:
- Important! It is also very important that you reset your browsers using GridinSoft Anti-Malware after you delete this particular adware. Shut down all your available browsers right now.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you would like to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Finally, Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your system now.
Video explaining how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Manual (free) instructions to get rid of Ads by PrintOnKey.
Step 1. Uninstalling PrintOnKey from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with PrintOnKey are shut down (closed).
- In Windows XP, Vista and 7 click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 or 8.1, move the PC mouse next to the left-bottom hot corner of your Windows 8 or 8.1 screen, then right-click on it.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall PrintOnKey adware program from your system. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on PrintOnKey program with the computer mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Instructions to prevent your system from being contaminated with adware again:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware renders an excellent tool to prevent malicious applications from being started in your computer ahead of time. By default, this feature is disabled after you install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as demonstrated below:
As soon as this feature is enabled, your PC will be protected against all possible malware targeting your computer and attempting to launch and install itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being started, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.