Related Searches window that pops up in the left sidebar of your browser is not the part of your genuine search engine set by default. This is a part of some adware program currently inside of your system. We’ve noticed this pop-up to appear together with qone8.com browser hijacker installed on one of the infected PCs. Just as all other adware samples, this pop-up window is not innocent. It consumes a lot of system resources from your workstation, and is truly very annoying.
You might ask yourself – how in the world did this ‘Related Searches’ pop-up ever appear if you didn’t install it in the first place? The truth is that the majority of adware applications today are bundled with many free programs, which users decide to download and install onto their PCs. So, if you have installed any cost-free application recently and failed to pay attention to all the installation details, most probably this is how you got this annoying adware sample into your system.
Related Searches window reveals itself when you move the PC mouse towards the left sidebar of your browser window. Immediately this ‘Related Searches’ window comes up, even though the information it contains is absolutely irrelevant to your search queries. As a result, you browser is messed up with all sorts of pop-ups, adware programs, browser hijackers, etc. To fix this massive problem with your PC and your browser in particular we recommend you to carefully follow the tutorial provided below. Not only you need to scan your system with our recommended security software, but also please reset your browser as instructed in the tips below. May your Internet browsing be always safe with our help!
Anti-malware tool necessary for Related Searches pop-up automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Related Searches adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Related Searches or any other suspicious adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click Related Searches adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Related Searches adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click the adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of any suspicious adware programs from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.