Do you see some strange ads by RockResult to pop up in your browser? If so, this actually means that your system has been infected by this very annoying adware program named RockResult. It doesn’t really furnish you with any relevant search results. What it does is messing up your browser with its many ads everywhere. In this guide we will help you to get rid of these ads powered by RockResult from Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
How is RockResult adware spread in the web today? The truth is that it is actively bundled with many other free programs you might decide to install into your computer. You need to be very careful when you see such third-party applications. When you install them, please be very careful paying attention to what else you’re offered to install into your system by default. For this purpose you need to select the option of the advanced installation. At this point you will be able to uncheck all third-party software from being implanted into your computer by default.
Hence, if you see any third-party programs as stated in the installer of free program, you need to cancel (uncheck) such options. Otherwise, if you don’t pay enough attention, you may see a lot of intrusive ads by RockResult adware everywhere. You will then surely regret about your failure to be attentive when installing such free programs.
RockResult adware has the only purpose in its mind – to earn money for its owners, developers and those who stand behind its distribution. When you actually click on such ads by RockResult, the guys who have to do with this adware get paid. Every single click you make on such ads gives them profit. On the other hand, this adware doesn’t help you at all to save more funds. Most often such ads brought by this adware will be absolutely irrelevant to your search queries.
In case you’ve seen such ads by RockResult, then you should uninstall this adware from your system. This can be done either automatically or manually as explained in the guide set forth below. Please feel free to contact us at any time of your preference if you require our assistance removing this adware, or any other malware from your system.
Anti-malware tool necessary for RockResult adware automatic removal
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed RockResult adware removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling RockResult adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with RockResult adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall RockResult adware program from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on RockResult adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall RockResult adware programs. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click this adware with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this adware program from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to RockResult adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.