SafeSear.ch is not the way to search for the information safely, but rather a new browser hijacker currently attacking the majority of PCs today. The installation of it takes place through other free applications. When users find some freeware and decide to install it, they often fail to pay close attention to what else they install in addition to the initial program of their choice. This is how they actually end up installing a lot of useless programs, such as SafeSear.ch, into their PCs.
SafeSear.ch actually attacks all major browsers today, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Users who see this hijacker in their PCs often regret that some way or another it got inside of their systems. Well, this is absolutely their responsibility for installing this useless program into their workstations.
SafeSear.ch will attack the home page of all installed browsers. Also, all search queries made by users will be permanently redirected through this website. You might think that it is OK to look for the information through it, however, you’re on the wrong track. This hijacker will show you a lot of intrusive ads in the home page of your browser. Plus, all your search queries you make will give you pseudo search results, which will be mixed with a lot of useless sponsored links. Clicking on such ads and sponsored links might be dangerous, since you may be redirected to a lot of third-party websites, which in their turn could tremendously infect your browser and your entire PC with a lot of useless programs.
To sum up, SafeSear.ch is not the application you need. It will not help you to make your browsing safer. Furthermore, due to this hijacker in your system your browser and your entire PC will work extremely slow. We recommend that you carefully follow this guide, which will help you to exterminate this unwanted application from your system. Please carefully follow this guide explaining how to do it effectively.
Anti-malware tool necessary to simplify SafeSear.ch hijack removal
Note that GridinSoft Trojan Killer is a shareware application. Its free 15-day trial is limited only to removal of 2 infections detected by it during scan. However, Trojan Killer has a free built-in module that helps you reset your browser after the attack of browser hijackers like SafeSear.ch. This free module helps you reset browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. If Trojan Killer has detected more than 2 threats on your computer and you would like to remove them for free, please let us know.
Removal video that explains removal of SafeSear.ch hijacker manually (for free):
SafeSear.ch step-by-step removal instructions.
Step 1. Uninstalling SafeSear.ch hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SafeSear.ch hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall SafeSear.ch trojan from your PC. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on SafeSear.ch with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall SafeSear.ch. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on SafeSear.ch with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Scanning your computer with a powerful anti-malware tool and resetting your browsers with its help.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the download button below.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with GridinSoft Trojan Killer after SafeSear.ch virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Step 3. Additional removal instructions for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps proved to be unsuccessful).
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will open the Settings page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.
Additional video instructions to reset Google Chrome browser using the built-in feature of Google Chrome browser: